What a game!!!
Wow
upset
What a game!!!
Wow
upset
Love it! The USA and Venezuela are the favorites for a reason. Both are the only squads that have MLB players from 1-9 (USA hammered VEN 15-6 the other day). Right now the Aussies are giving Cuba fits as well. I'd love to see another upset (although this one is a winner's bracket game instead of elimination).
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I think the WBC is a joke. Get rid of it.
I disagree completely. The WBC gives a chance for alot of the countries whom are making a concerted attempt to improve the game in their country (Italy is a great example) a chance to compete against baseball's best on a grand stage. This thing is a great way to get the word out so to speak about baseball across the globe The big mistake the WBC is making is letting hockey-crazed Canada host (and the attendance is bearing it out). Canadians could care less (ask the artist formerly known as the Montreal Expos).
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
It is basically baseball competing against baseball though. Take for example the Boston Red Sox preseason game which was sold out, and most of the starting lineup for them wasn't even involved in the game because they were out playing in the WBC. You risk players going out and getting hurt(take Chipper the other day). It is a greater risk to pitchers too, as they get brought along considerably slower in spring training. It's just alot to risk for something that ends up being irrelevant. I bet before this thing came out and all the commercials came on, the majority of baseball fans couldn't even tell you who won the last one. I just can't get interested in it.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks